Reas carefully before applying
Terms & Conditions
London Calling, 12-16 November 2018
In short: London Calling is a 5 day event where 3 Deliveroo riders cycle all the way to London to meet Deliveroo’s CEO Will Shu. In these 5 days you will cross lots of different surroundings, weather conditions and people. In our opinion, an experience you will never forget. Before we can start this special event, it’s important that the riders joining this event fully understand some rules and conditions regarding this event. It makes the event more safe and easy for all parties involved. It’s the first time the Dutch Deliveroo office organises this type of event. We couldn’t be more excited about this and hopefully you are too!
- Please read these T&C carefully – if you do not agree with them, you should not participate in the Event (as defined below). If you’d like to have a copy of these T&C, please print them or request a copy to be sent to you by post.
- The Event: a 450 kilometers, 5-day bicycle ride from Rotterdam to Deliveroo’s London office at 1 Cousin Ln, London between 12th-16th of November 2018 – the Event shall be referred to as “London Calling”.
- London Calling Dates: The Event will start on the 12th of November 2018 in the morning and will finish on the 16th of November 2018 in the afternoon.
- If you have any questions or feedback regarding London Calling, please contact us at [email protected]
- You accept that the Event that you are entering is not a race and is an endurance challenge. You are fully responsible for your actions whilst attending and participating in the Event.
- You may only participate in the Event if you are over the age of 18; you are a registered rider who provides delivery services to Deliveroo Netherlands B.V. or its affiliates (Deliveroo); and you are a resident in The Netherlands.
- By entering the Event you confirm that you are physically and mentally capable of riding the distance covered by the Event. If, during the Event, you feel that you are no longer mentally or physically capable of completing the Event you should withdraw from the Event and discontinue riding. If this happens, you are obliged to let Deliveroo ([email protected] or pleuni.dezeeuw.deliveroo.nl) know by email. More contact details will be shared with the contestants.
- It is a condition of entering the Event that: (i) We strongly recommend that you wear a safety approved cycling helmet complying with latest helmet safety standards applicable for the type of bicycle that you will be riding on during the Event; and (ii) the bicycle that you will be using for the Event, and all of their equipment, is of a suitable standard, suitable for long distances and state of road worthiness. We strongly recommend riders to use a racing bike due to the long distances you cover. In particular, that the bike has functioning breaks, front and back lights and is capable of travelling long distances. You will be provided with a Deliveroo branded outfit; we would greatly appreciate for you to wear this on the last day of the Event when you arrive at the Deliveroo offices at 1 Cousin Ln, London for marketing & PR related purposes.
- It’s very important for Deliveroo that you stay safe during your travels. Therefore, you must obey all applicable road use rules and highway codes. You are requested to ride in single file where appropriate and be aware of your fellow cyclists and any other traffic.
- Deliveroo reserves the right to cancel the Event, due to extreme weather conditions or force majeure (meaning unforeseeable circumstances that prevent someone from fulfilling a contract).
- Participation in the Event is at your own risk. No further insurance cover is provided by Deliveroo. You are strongly recommended to organise your own travel insurance and equipment insurance to cover you during the Event.
- Deliveroo reserves the right to disqualify each Participant and / or exclude participation if the Participant in question acts in any way in violation of the Terms and Conditions or otherwise acts unlawfully towards Deliveroo or third parties.
- You recognize and agree that Deliveroo may use and publish the image(s) and video(s) created for the Event (videos related to the Event and the participants, before, during and after the Event). Therefore, you hereby grant to Deliveroo an exclusive, absolute, and irrevocable worldwide and royalty-free license to use the photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant obtained during the Event. You grant to Deliveroo the right to use and publish such content in any and all media (including, but not limited to its website, e-blog and on social media). You hereby release Deliveroo from any and all liability from such use and promotion. You further grant authorization to Deliveroo for the reproduction, sale, copyright, exhibit, broadcast, electronic storage and/or distribution of said photographs/film/video tapes/electronic representations and/or sound recordings without limitation at the discretion of Deliveroo. You waive any right to any compensation for appearing in any of the photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings in connection with the Event.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Deliveroo excludes all liability in connection with your participation in this Event. This does not seek to limit Deliveroo for death or personal injury caused by Deliveroo negligence or the negligence of its employees, agents or subcontractors, liability for intentional misconduct, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, and any liability that cannot be excluded by applicable law.
- You agree that we are allowed to remove any photos you post from our media for any reason, including but not limited to if you break these Terms and Conditions.
- All personal and other information relating to participants will be retained by us for a reasonable period after the Event ends for auditing and legal reasons and to deal with any queries relating to the Event.
- You understand and agree that Deliveroo will not take in charge extra fees if you don’t respect the hours scheduled for the hostels, ferry and Eurostar booked for you by Deliveroo.
- As you represent the Deliveroo brand, you will act with due precaution and discernment, and you will not have irresponsible or illegal behavior during the Event and in connection with the Event including but not limited to littering during comfort breaks.
- You understand that the prize awarded is in principle not to be considered as a remuneration and therefore not subject to income tax. In case the tax and/or social security authorities would nevertheless requalify the awarded prize as remuneration earned from any other affiliate of Deliveroo Netherlands B.V., this affiliate of Deliveroo Netherlands B.V. cannot be held liable for any tax or social security implications relating to the awarding of the prize. Consequently, you accept that you alone are personally liable for such tax and/or social security implications and that you will hold harmless Deliveroo.
By participating in the Event, you confirm that you have read and agree to these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by Dutch law and the Dutch courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction of any claims brought under or in connection with these T&C.
Deliveroo Netherlands B.V., Keizersgracht 562, 1017 EM Amsterdam is the promoter of the Event.